AHS requires that everyone attending the AGM wear masks at all times.
GPLT members can register in advance by contacting the GPLT Box office to attend the GPLT AGM virtually through a Zoom link. GPLT members with the approved Zoom link will be able to vote anonymously. Guests or interested members of the public who are not members are still welcome to attend in person but will not be able to get the Zoom link. The GPLT Annual General Meeting starts at 2 pm on Sunday September 12, 2021. Masks will be available.
Notice of special resolution that will be presented at the AGM to update the GPLT Bylaws. Here are the proposed new bylaws:
2021 GPLT Bylaws to be presented to the AGM for approval
Here is an explanation of the proposed changes and the existing Bylaws.
4-2021 Explanation of Proposed Changes to the GPLT Bylaws
The special resolution is needed to clarify virtual voting and attendance requirements, to clarify memberships, to update Board responsibilities and positions and to update the Bylaws given changes in the Societies Act of Alberta.
Notice of the Grande Prairie Live Theatre Annual General Meeting 2 pm September 12, 2021 at GPLT, 10130-98 Avenue Grande Prairie Alberta. Election of Vice President, Secretary, Youth Board Member, and 2 Members at Large for 2 years terms. Nominations are open to any GPLT Member. For more information on the AGM and the nomination/election process contact President Derek Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Descriptions of the Board Member Duties:
- Every Board Member is expected to attend 11 Board meetings and participate in Board initiatives. Preparing for meetings by reading documents sent out in advance of each meeting. Contributing new ideas to move GPLT forward.
- Vice President: A 3 year commitment. Proposed changes would have the new Vice President automatically becoming the President Elect and President in the following years.
- Secretary: A 2 year commitment. Focus on GPLT Meeting and other records. Focus on contributing to Board initiatives and providing new ideas.
- Member at Large: A 2 year commitment. Focus on contributing to Board initiatives and providing new ideas.
- Youth Board Member: Must be 16-20. A 1 year commitment. Focus on contributing to Board initiatives and providing new ideas.