Is MURDER Habit Forming? Find out Sept 21-Oct 7. Habit of Murder by Joanne Miller is funny, filled with red herrings, and keeps you guessing until the final scene! A Canadian Comedy Murder Mystery! Tickets at gplt.ca or call 780 538 1616. SPECIAL OFFER for STUDENTS and 25 & under – $10 tickets for the Sept. 21, 22, and 23 performances only! $10 is a great deal to see live theatre at it’s bloodiest and funniest!
Looking for lighting and sound techies. Fun times at GPLT!
R U a techie thrill seeker? Want to turn people on (and off)? Light up their lives? or leave them in the dark? Grande Prairie Live Theatre is looking for people who want to learn the technical side of live theatre. We are offering free tech training starting August 30 at 7 pm. Run the lights and sound for GPLT plays. 7 plays need volunteer tech operator help. Call the theatre at 780 538 1616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register to become a GPLT Techie!
Nominations close July 31 for GPLT Outstanding Volunteer Awards
Do you know a GPLT Superstar? The deadline is July 31 for nominations for the Grande Prairie Live Theatre Volunteer Awards: the Jennie Tetreau Award for 10 or more years of exemplary service, The Short but Sweet Award for an intense contribution in the past season, or the Rising Star Award for someone under 18 who has shone over the past 1 to 3 years? Send your detailed nomination in confidence to email@example.com. The successful recipients will be announced 2 pm September 10 at the GPLT AGM. Here are the details:
Jennie Tetreau Award for consistent long term contribution will be given to a person who meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Continuous involvement in the activities of Grande Prairie Live Theatre over a period of 10 or more years,
- Unselfish commitment of time and energy in a variety of capacities such as board member, producer, director, actor, stage manager, production assistance, fund raising,
- Recognized and respected for their contribution among members of Grande Prairie Live Theatre and in the broader community of Grande Prairie and Alberta.
The Short but Sweet Award for consistent short term contribution will be given to a person who one or more of the following criteria:
- Consistent work on behalf of Grande Prairie Live Theatre during the previous season,
- Making a major contribution to the success of a season by intensive commitment of time and energy during the previous season,
- Recognized and respected for having had a significant positive impact on the success of Grande Prairie Live Theatre through organizational or production activity during the previous season.
The Rising Star Award for consistent short term contribution will be given to a person who meets one or more of these criteria and is less than eighteen years of age:
- Consistent work on behalf of Grande Prairie Live Theatre during the previous one to three seasons,
- Making a major contribution to the success of a season by intensive commitment of time and energy during the previous one to three seasons.